Monday, February 11, 2013

West Side Story

John and I made a New Year's Resolution to try and do something for ourselves once a month. It may not sound like much, but with a baby sometimes it's hard to go out and do our own thing. So, we put that to the test last Thursday evening, we went to West Side Story at the Washington Pavilion.

I had obviously heard to West Side Story before we went, but I really didn't know the whole story. And I really only recognized two or three songs, but it didn't really matter. It was awesome. The singing and dancing was wonderful. The acting was great. The set designs and flow of the story was awesome.

I really enjoyed the whole experience. It was about 2.5 hours long, but it went really quickly. I haven't been to many shows like this before, but I plan to attend more in the future. I have nothing but positive things to say about the experience.

The only bummer were the people who talked throughout the entire show. Not that it can really be helped, but I wish people had more respect for other people.

But anyway, if you have never seen West Side Story, I suggest you go to it sometime. It was well worth it. And it was a great evening out with the hubby!


No comments:

Post a Comment