Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Summer Days.

We have just been in summer mode around here lately. The kids have been staying up too late, having too much fun playing outside. and overall just being out of their normal routine.

The official first day of summer arrived this past week. The days are long and sunny, and we are trying to get outside and enjoy every minute of it. I am trying to soak it all in before I blink and summer is gone.

John and I have been playing softball all summer, and we are continuing to enjoy that. It's some nice scheduled adult time every week. We love our kids to death, but it is so nice to be able to have one night where we are surrounded by other adults, and just able to have fun. Our team is doing pretty well too, we have only lost 3 games, which isn't too shabby.

I have really been enjoying my days off the kids. Last Friday, I had the day off, and I spent the day with the kids at home. We had fun going shopping, playing outside, and just generally enjoying the summer days. It was also an Avera weekend at Wild Water West, so John and I took the kids there on Friday evening. It was really fun, but it was also a lot of work. Elliott just ran non-stop, and he isn't the steadiest in the water, so it was a little stressful. Emma had the time of her life. She discovered a big, orange slide she liked, and I think she went down the slide at least 40 times. And now, Emma asks every single day if we can go back to the "big pool". Every. Single. Day.

The rest of the weekend I spent working, but it was actually a pretty nice weekend at the hospital. We were pretty quiet all weekend, so that was nice for a change. John and the kids just had a quiet weekend around the house, and everyone had a really nice weekend.

Today, I have the day off, and we have had a fabulous day. This morning, we went to Tot Lot at Sherman Park. It was actually really nice. They had all kinds of toys, bikes, water table and toys, balls, sidewalk chalk, play-doh, puzzles, crafts, and all kinds of things for the kids to play with. Both kids had an absolute blast, and were kind of sad when it was over. After playing on the playground for a while, we went to KFC for some lunch. Boy, was that messy.

Right now, both kids are blissfully napping. I love being able to get a couple hours to myself. I got laundry going, have a TV show on, supper in the crockpot, and I am slowing cleaning up the house. Also, I get to play some softball later tonight, so that's always a good deal as well.

I am loving these summer days :)

Popsicles and Ice cream for the first day of summer


Fingerpainting 


Elliott loves the water table


Making a 4th of July Craft

Park fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment