Monday, June 22, 2020

Camping at Lake Herman

We just capped off another busy week. Most of this week was very hot and windy, and just kind of miserable. On Monday night, we had softball again. I had one game with Steak Out and one game with Bethel. It was hot, and miserable. And I had a collision with the pitcher from the other team during our church league game, so I chewed up my knees and my right elbow pretty well. So, that has been a pain the butt for the entire week.

This past weekend, we went camping at Lake Herman, We kind of all fell in love with the campground. It was beautiful and quiet, and the campground is really spread out. We were also right night to the campground hosts and we were able to borrow ladder golf, croquet, tic tac toe, and discs for frisbee golf. The kids loved all the new outdoor games.

The campground had a really nice frisbee golf course that John and I really enjoyed. We played a game on Saturday, and then on Sunday Emma wanted to play. Emma did really well for her first time, and we all had a lot of fun.

We also did some swimming and biking and just had a really great weekend. The weather was beautiful. It rained a little bit on Saturday morning, and otherwise it was 75 degrees and sunny and just plain beautiful.

The kids had a really fun weekend. They met some friends at the playground, and they spent a ton of time playing with them. On Saturday night, they were out playing until 10:00pm. They were playing hide and go seek with flashlights in the dark. They were totally loving life. And best of all, everyone slept in until 8:30 am.

We ate good food, saw beautiful sunsets, biked, swam, and had two wonderful campfires. It was a really great weekend. And I had today off for a catch up day, which is fabulous. The kids spent the night out at Grandma and Grandpa's house, so I have a day at home by myself to do whatever I want. And I am loving it. So far, I've accomplished laundry, paying some bills. and then some cleaning. Pretty exciting, I know. Possibly some mowing this afternoon and the gym, and then softball games again where we will bring children back home with us.

This next week is a little calmer, and we have nothing planned for next weekend, which is actually kind of nice. We can catch up around home and maybe slow the summer down a little bit.


















No comments:

Post a Comment