Wednesday, August 25, 2021

First Day of School 2021

 Well, it's here. The first day of school. I really can't believe school is starting up again. This year is probably the least prepared for school I have ever been. We had an unbelievably busy summer, and it really just flew by. 

Both kids were pretty excited for school to start today. Emma is in 4th grade now. I hope she has a great year. She loves science and math, but she needs some work with her language arts and grammar. I am really hoping homework can be a little less of a struggle this year, and I hope she enjoys being in the upper grades room this year. I am really looking forward to basketball and field trips. 

Elliott is now in 1st grade. I think he is going to have a great year. He keeps getting better at reading, and his writing is coming along as well. We do still have to work on tying shoes and a few behavior things, but overall I expect a great year for Elliott. He is a really good example for his classmates, and he loves to ask questions!

The only downside of things, is that Covid-19 is deciding to ramp back up again just in time for school. There is a variant called Delta, and it is more contagious and is affecting the younger people more this time around. So, the hospitals are filling up again with people who are not vaccinated. So, we will see where we are in a couple weeks. I really hope school can stay in session and the ASC can stay open, but I guess I will just have to wait, pray, and see what happens. Also, the kids are not old enough to be vaccinated yet, so I will be praying that they stay happy and healthy as well. 

Pretty soon I will be heading to go pick them up from school. I'm planning on some sort of treats on the way home and a nice relaxing evening at home with the kiddos. 

Here's to another school year. And like 200 lunches to pack!







No comments:

Post a Comment