Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Parent/Player Basketball Game

 March is really moving along. We just observed Daylight Savings Time, and it's 3 days until we leave for Arizona. Yay! Everyone is really excited here for the trip, but we have a lot of packing to do before our trip. 

Last Friday, was the annual Parent/Player basketball game. I played in it, but John had to miss it because it was the 9 Clouds Christmas Party celebration that evening. So, I helped the parent team, but we ended up losing to the kids (big surprise there). It was a really fun time though. Jim and Barb came to watch the game, and they really enjoyed it. 

Emma and Rachel did some cheerleading in-between quarters, and then at the end of the game, Emma just decided to pick up the microphone and sing the Star Spangled Banner. I was really proud of her. It's really hard to sing in a room full of people, and she did it without even questioning it. And it sounded pretty good. I enjoyed playing in the basketball game. I'm glad I've been running, because I felt like I was in pretty good shape out there. I also scored a few baskets, so that was fun. Emma scored 5 baskets for 10 points, so she was super pumped about that. 

After the game, the kids went home with Jim and Barb, and I met up with John for the rest of the Christmas Party. There was still some food left, so I got some supper, and then we went to Monk's for some drinks before heading back home. It was freezing cold out, about -15 windchill, so that was fun. 

On Saturday, John did some ice fishing while I stayed home and did some deep cleaning before our big trip. The kids got home in the afternoon, and we spent the rest of the day just being home and relaxing. 

This week, we are working on running errands, finalizing details, and starting the packing process. I have today off, which is great. I have already run some errands, and I am going to start throwing the kids' luggage together pretty soon. It's so exciting to have a trip to plan and pack for. The kids are going to have such a fun time. It's going to be 95 degrees a couple of the days were are out there, I'm not sure I'm ready for that hot of weather. 

Here's to a great trip to Arizona!!

Fun in the greenhouse 


Parent/player game 

Emma singing 

The crew 



No comments:

Post a Comment