Thursday, May 7, 2009

Something New

Well, here it is, my first-ever blog courteous of my boyfriend's prodding (he means well by it however and I do think I will learn to enjoy this) So please understand this is my first blog, and hopefully they will improve as I go.

First thing I should do is tell you a little bit about myself as most people like to know a little bit of a background about their author. This is me ( I have shorter hair now though)
I am 22 years old (as of a couple days ago as you can see) and I was born and raised in a small town in south central Minnesota. I grew up working on the farm doing fun tasks such as rock picking, baling, chores, and helping out in the field during the fall harvest. Call me crazy, but there is something rewarding about physical labor and I really enjoy helping my family harvest the crops.

My mom and dad have always been the supportive type, and have treated me with trust and respect which I have not made them regret. I have an older sister who is 25, and we have always been far enough apart that we don't always relate to each other. I am closer to my younger brother who is 18, as we have similar interests such as the Twins, sports in general, and have similar personalities. I don't see them often, but my family means a lot to me and I really enjoy spending time with them.


I was the type of girl who really didn't care about drama, dating, makeup, or spending hours getting ready for school in the morning. So imagine my surprise when I go the South Dakota State University and meet my guy the beginning of my freshman year. John and I have been dating for 3 years and 5 months. He works full-time at Daktronics and also is getting into Photography as late. He took the picture of me up above and has done numerous Senior photos and is going to do his first wedding this summer which is really exciting for him.

We are the type of couple that understands each other and neither of us are over-demanding and we trust each other which allows us to avoid many arguments. Things are going really good for us and I see a bright future ahead.


I am a nursing major at SDSU and I have one semester left before I graduate, which is very exciting. I do not know exactly where I want to work, but with today's economy I may just have to be satisfied with a job to begin with. I would like to live in Sioux Falls though and work in one of the many hospitals there.

I guess this is a pretty good start in understanding who I am. I am sometimes a very opinionated person, but I am always open to at least listen to both sides of a story. Please feel free to leave me any comments to criticize or enourage anything I blog about (that's kinda part of the point of blogging). If you are still reading, I appreciate your patience and attention. I realize this may not be exciting to you, but this is my life and I feel like you need to know some things about me before I blog about things. Thanks again for reading and for your sake, I hope my blogs get more exciting in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment