Thursday, March 17, 2011

Book Review

I like to read fiction books. My favorite authors are James Patterson, Nicholas Sparks, and Dan Brown. I was recently browsing at the library and I came across a book titled Under A Maui Moon by Robin Jones Gunn. This book caught my eye because I just went to Maui in November for my honeymoon, so I thought it would be fun to read a book that takes place on Maui.

I have never read a book by Robin Jones Gunn before, but I really enjoyed the book. The main character Carissa loses her job and is feeling disconnected from her husband, so she takes a trip to Maui to get away from it all and try and find herself. I really enjoyed the Maui references, such as camping in Haleakala State Park, visiting Lahaina, and swimming in the ocean. I could picture myself back in Maui as I read about Carissa visiting these places. This book really made me miss Maui.

This book also had quite a bit of Hawaiian history in it, which I found really interesting. This book isn't my typical style, but I really enjoyed the story. There was a personal connection for me for this story because it brought me back to the Island. It helped that I could visualize every scene they were referencing in the book. If you are looking for a romantic, Christian story that takes place on the island of Maui, this is the book for you.

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy the book!

1 comment: