Friday, April 15, 2011

New Car

A couple weeks ago, I was unfortunate enough to be involved in an accident. I was driving my 1995 Oldsmobile and a car ran into the passenger side of my vehicle. All three panels of the passengers' side of my car are smashed, and the window shattered. Needless to say, my car was basically totaled.


I was pretty bummed about my car, and this all happened on John's Birthday, 5 days before we were supposed to close on our house. So yeah, we were pretty stressed during this time. We did close on the house, and we are getting settled (a future blog, I am just waiting for a nice day to get some pictures!) However, we were stalling on getting a newer vehicle since we had a million other things to worry about at the time.

Thankfully John's grandma had a minivan that was not being used, so I drove that around for a couple weeks. This last week, I have been driving his parents' Saturn View. Last night John and I decided things had settled down enough that we could finally go car shopping.

We had been looking online for a couple weeks, and finally decided to head to some of the dealerships in town and see what we could find. We made a couple stops and headed out to the Fairgrounds where Billion Automotive was having their spring sale. We looked around for quite a while and then found the vehicle that fit our needs.

It is a 2004 maroon Trailblazer. I really like it, and it is nice to finally have my own vehicle back again. So after signing our lives away with another loan, we drove our new vehicle home. It has been a very busy few weeks, but I look forward to blogging about the house and sharing pictures.

P.S. I sure hope this weather warms up a little. Snow in the middle of April is not my idea of spring!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment