Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Camping in Minnesota

This last weekend John and I headed to Minnesota to do some camping with my parents and my sister. We went to Diamond Lake where my parents park their camper for the summer. We spent Friday evening setting up and sitting around the campfire in the heat. It was very hot and humid all weekend and the mosquitoes were terrible! I put on about 3 layers of bugspray throughout the evening. 

Saturday was another hot/humid day. It was about 90 degrees with a heat index around 100. We went fishing in the morning and actually had some pretty good luck. My mom caught 3 northerns, and the rest of at least caught one. We ate fish for lunch and then headed out on the boat again to do some swimming, tubing, and knee boarding. It felt really good to jump in the lake and cool down! In the evening we played 31 with some neighbors for a while and then called it a night due to the bugs and humidity.

Sunday came much too fast, and consisted of a little fishing in the morning, some bean bags, a light lunch, and then the four hour drive home. The weekend flew by, but I had a great time, minus the 52 mosquito bites I sustained. It was a fun weekend though, and it felt good to finally get to the lake this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment