Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My Staycation

We all know what a vacation is, I am on my very own stay-cation. My husband is gone fishing in Canada until Friday, so I am left to tend to the house on my own for the week. It's kind of nice having the place to myself to do what I want when I want. Don't get me wrong, I miss my husband and I look forward to his return, but in the mean time, it's nice to do everything on my own terms.

I went grocery shopping and planned my own meals for the next couple days. Tonight I am making BLTs, sweet corn, and green beans from our garden. I think I make better meals when John is away. I also stocked up on Pineapple and Strawberries, YUM!

Otherwise, nothing too exciting is going on during my vacation-away-from-my-husband. I plan to get a massage tomorrow, maybe some retail therapy, and some other errands. Also, the lawn needs to be mowed. All in all, I am enjoying my time but looking forward to this weekend :D

In the meantime, I am just relaxing at home...(to be clear, this picture is of Hawaii, but it makes me think about relaxing on the beach)

No comments:

Post a Comment