Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas in Minnesota

John and I headed to Minnesota to celebrate Christmas on December 23rd. The 23rd was actually my mom's 50th Birthday so we celebrated with family and friends at the Frontier Bar. It was a pretty good turn out and it was nice to catch up with everyone I hadn't seen in a long time.


On Christmas Eve, John, Dad, and I made cashew cookies because I wanted to bring some to the Nelson Family Christmas. Then we opened presents with my parents, brother, and sister. We had my parents open a Grandparents book, which was our announcement to our family that we are expecting a baby in July. It was nice to finally share the news with the family. I have known since about week 3, and now I am 13 weeks pregnant. That is a long time to keep a secret!







After opening presents, we headed to Janel and Tim's to eat and hang out. At around 6pm we headed to Fairfax to watch the Christmas Program. Afterwards it was back to Tim and Janel's for more eating and mingling.

Christmas Day we went to church in the morning, and visited with people we hadn't seen in awhile. After church we headed to Mark and Kathy's to celebrate Christmas with my mom's side. It was nice to see everyone and hang out for a while. And my mom was busy blabbing to everyone that she was going to be a grandma, she was really excited.

We had a really good Christmas in Minnesota, it just went by way too quickly. We were so busy going from one place to another, that the weekend flew by. But it was a good holiday get-together, and now everyone knows that we are expecting a little one in July.

Happy Holidays!!

No comments:

Post a Comment