Sunday, August 26, 2012

My Parent's 30th Anniversary Party

Last weekend John and I made our first trip to Minnesota with Emma. She handled the trip pretty well! We only had to stop once on the three-hour drive to feed and change Emma, the rest was smooth sailing.

On Friday evening, John and I went to Bird Island to attend the Renville County Fair. I used to spend every summer at this fair, for the entire fair. My family was very active in 4-H, and this was our county fair. It was pretty nostalgic to walk around the fair grounds. I hadn't been to this fair for like 5 or 6 years, so it was fun to take a walk down memory lane.

Saturday we spent the day getting ready for the party. My parent's recently built a new shop/shed and they hosted a party for their 30th Anniversary and my Grandpa's 80th Birthday. They had food, kegs, and a band. I think half the town of Fairfax attended the party.

Congrats to my parents for celebrating 30 years of marriage. That is quite an accomplishment! They share their wedding anniversary with us, and every year when we celebrate another year of marriage I have my parents to look to as an example of a successful marriage. 

At the party, Emma got to meet her Minnesotan family. Since this was Emma's first trip to Minnesota, she got passed around a lot. All of my family and friends had a good time meeting her. The little party animal lasted the whole evening at the party. We didn't leave until 11:00 pm. It was a very long day for all of us.

Sunday was spent recovering. We all slept in, and then basically packed up and made the journey back home. Emma was a little cranky on Sunday, but overall she handled the busy weekend very well.

The first trip to Minnesota was a successful one, and I am sure there will be many more in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment