Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Easter in Minnesota

This last weekend, our family traveled to Minnesota to celebrate a late Easter with my side of the family. We headed to Minnesota early Saturday morning, and spent the day hanging out with my parents and my brother.

We also went over to my brother's farm site and looked at the progress on his house. He is completely remodeling the house, and it is coming along great. He thinks he will be able to move in this summer sometime, so that is really exciting for him (he is currently living with mom and dad, so I think he's ready to be on his own soon).

Sunday, we went to church and then headed to Rachel's house in Mankato to celebrate Easter. It was really nice to see my grandparents and aunts and uncles, since I had not seen them since Thanksgiving. They were all thrilled to hang out with Emma of course too.

Emma did really well the entire weekend. She took good naps, and had a blast playing with her second cousins. She loved all the attention, and never really ever had a meltdown. We hope to be able to make it to Minnesota a little more frequently now that Emma is older and a little easier to travel with.

I planned to take a lot of picture this weekend, but unfortunately I was too busy visiting with family and enjoying myself to remember (maybe it was all the wine I drank?).  I did snap a few on my phone at mom and dad's.

Emma playing at Grandma and Grandpa Kiecker's


Grandma Patty looking at a book with Emma

It was a great weekend spent with family, and it was long overdue. Luckily we had good weather and easy traveling as well. 

Unfortunately, I cannot say the same about today's weather. We are in an ice storm right now and a winter storm until tomorrow night. Yes, I know, it's April, but it sure isn't acting like it! There are power outages all over town, as branches are falling on power lines. It is a mess out there. Luckily, I have today off work and John is working from home right now. 

So, please send some warm weather our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment