Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day!!

What an awesome weekend we had. The weather was beautiful, and Emma's party was a blast, and then we got to spend a fun day celebrating Father's Day!

Emma and I are very lucky to have such a special guy in our lives. John is the most patient, kind-hearted, handsome man a lady could ask for. He has become such a great daddy as well. He loves rough-housing with Emma, but melts as soon as she snuggles in for some cuddles. She has him wrapped around her little finger.

With my crazy work schedule, he has to spend a lot of evening alone with Emma, taking care of her and putting her to bed, and he does such a wonderful job! It's nice to know I don't have to worry about them when I am at work for the night.

I also am very lucky to have an amazing dad, who has always been there for me, supporting me in everything I do. He is always just a phone call away, and comes to visit us here in Sioux Falls whenever he and Mom can get away. Happy Father's Day to one of the best dads out there!

We started Father's Day off with a trip to church, and then we headed to the zoo. It was pretty hot and crowded at the zoo, so we hit the high points and then headed to the air-conditioned mall to shop for John. We gave him a gift card to the hat store Lids, so John picked out a new baseball cap.

After the mall, we headed out to Jim and Barb's to get some more planters for our patio, and to pick up the perennials we are going to finally plant in our landscaping. Hopefully sometime this week we can get to that...

We also went out to eat with John's family, and then headed home. Man was I beat when we got home. We had such a busy weekend, but it sure was a good one!!

Happy Father's Day to to my best friend and such a great daddy! :)

P.S. I would post the picture of John and Emma that I took at the zoo, but I took it on John's phone and he never emailed it to me like I asked him too, so sorry, no photo available...

Hope everyone else had a chance to tell their Dads how much they love and appreciate them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment