Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mother's Day 2016

Wow, what a busy, exciting week it has been. Everything always seems to fall in the same week in May, and this year is no different. My birthday, Nurse's week, and Mother's Day all were this past week, and it made for one busy, fun week.

On Friday, my mom came to town to help watch the kids for parts of the weekend. Saturday was a busy day. Mom watched the kids while John shot a wedding, and I helped with a garage sale that a bunch of families from church were throwing. After w few hours of selling our used baby clothes, Emma and I went to Abby's birthday party while Mom and Elliott stayed home. Elliott was still feeling kinda crappy, and was a little on the grumpy side, and we just thought it would be better for everyone if he stayed home.

Emma had so much fun at Abby's party. It was a "My Little Pony"themed birthday party, and Emma loved running around and playing with Abby and Anna. They made quite the trio. They played outside, played play-doh, and just generally had a good time together, with minimal fighting. They also really enjoyed opening presents, and getting all sugared up on cupcakes. We left around 7:30pm and had one tired  little girl.

Today was another packed day, and flew by in a hurry. We started off by going to church, then John and I went shopping while mom watched the kids again. We also found some last-minute Mother's Day gifts, which was an awesome last-minute find. We got both our moms some color changing yard lights that look like flowers. They were pretty cool. We brought some lunch home, and after that, mom headed back home.

After an Elliott nap, we headed out to John's parent's house. The kids had so much fun running around and seeing the animals and riding on the 4-wheelers. They ran and ran until they were utterly exhausted. John and I picked out our flowers for our planters and also our plants for our garden. It was such a beautiful day, and it was nice to spend so much of the day outside.

It was a wonderful, beautiful weekend, and I got to spend much of it outside with family. I had such a good weekend, I just wish it wouldn't have flown by so fast. I am so not ready for another week of work and hustle and bustle, but I guess it's coming none-the-less.

I am truly blessed to have such great mothers around me, and I am especially blessed to have two adorable children who get to call me mommy. Happy Mother's Day!!

Emma and Anna enjoying cupcakes

Presents!!

The girls playing with Play-Doh


John with the color-changing flowers

4-wheeler rides



So happy to be outside 

Petting the kitty!!

No comments:

Post a Comment