Monday, May 23, 2016

Springtime Adventures

The last couple weeks have once again gotten away from me. The weather has finally started to behave, and we have had some beautiful spring days. Most of my time has been consumed with work, softball, and then taking the kids to the park, the zoo, or just playing outside with them on my days off.

Lately, Emma has been begging to go to the park. So, we have spent quite a few evenings running around at different parks. Emma loves it, and she is finally old enough to just run around and play, and I don't have to worry about her falling down or off the playground set (well, not as much as I used to anyway). Eli is another story. He absolutely loves the park, and he loves going down the slides and he does pretty good on them. But to him, the bigger the slide, the better. And sometimes he goes down on his face, or flips around on the slide, but it doesn't bother him. He just gets up and wants to do it again. There is no slowing that kid down.

We also have been playing in the front and backyard at home, and the kids love it. We play bubbles, or sidewalk chalk, or in the sandbox. They eat it up. I made homemade chalk paint the other day, and Emma really enjoyed that. We had almost the entire driveway covered.

We also gave Emma an old Ipad of ours and she call it her computer. And she really enjoys playing games and watching her shows on it. We do have to set limits though, or she would probably play with that thing all day long. And little brother Elliott likes to come over and pound on her Ipad which really gets Emma in a tizzy.

John and I have been having fun playing softball this spring. We play on our church league team on Monday nights, and then I am on a women's league on Tuesday nights. We really enjoy the adult time and playing with our friends from church. Usually Grandma Barb or Grandpa Jim come and watch the kids, so it's a win-win for everyone.  Our teams are pretty good too. Our church league has only lost one game, and my women's league is undefeated so far.

Other than that, things have been pretty calm and normal around here. Kids are staying pretty healthy, we are enjoying beautiful days, and everything is going well at work for both of us. So, no news is good new I guess.

The kids are growing like weeds and are adorable as usual. Eli is almost 18 months old, and he sure is growing and learning, I will do a separate post on him shortly, there's a lot to say.

I have today off and am spending it at home with the kiddos. Right now Eli is napping, and Emma is painting and coloring. It's been a good day so far, I enjoy my time with the kids at home. Maybe later (if the weather holds up) we will visit the zoo for a while.

Happy Spring! We can't wait for the weather to get even warmer so we can go swimming!!!

My Mother's Day, Birthday, and Nurse's Week Haul

Emma Lynn

Popsicles 


Outdoor fun

No comments:

Post a Comment