Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Fall Fun!

Well, just like every other month, this one is flying by. It's already the middle of October! That is just plain crazy. I am totally loving this fall by the way. The weather has been wonderful, the leaves are turning beautiful colors and haven't quite fallen off the trees yet, and we have just been staying really busy and having a really fun fall.

I played on a Fall Ball Softball League for the last 6 weeks. It was really fun to have a night to just hang out with other adults and play some softball. Some of our games got pretty chilly, but for the most part we had some beautiful evenings to play ball. We did pretty well on the season. We played about .500 ball, and then we won the tournament for the lower bracket division. I even hit a home run that game, which was awesome. I don't think I have ever hit a home run in my entire softball career, so that was really fun!

John went to California last week for a conference at Facebook headquarters, so the kids spent a couple nights out on the farm. I missed them, but they had such a fun time, I don't think they missed me at all. I also had some crazy call evenings last week, so I was very happy to see the work week end.

This past weekend kept us hopping again. I had Friday off, so I packed up the kids and we headed to Minnesota to visit my parents while they were harvesting. Emma and Elliott both got to ride on the combine, and they loved it. I also made a couple rounds with my dad in the combine, and he even let me drive it! That was a first for me, and it was kind of fun!

It was a short visit to my parent's house. We spent one night there, and then played on the farm and went for more tractor rides on Saturday, but by Saturday afternoon I was on the road again to head back to Sioux Falls. We had church meetings and a baby shower to be back in town for on Sunday, so we just spent one night. The kids sure had a good time though, and my parents loved it too.

Sunday, we spent the day playing and enjoying the wonderful weather. Then, Emma and I helped to host a baby shower at the church for our neighbor Lizz. Emma loves going to that kind of stuff with me, and it ended up being a really nice shower.

Today has been a great day. I have the day off today, and I was lucky enough to spend it at home with the kids. We spent the early morning hours just being lazy and watching cartoons and munching on some breakfast, and of course playing with toys. Once it warmed up a little, we headed to Sertoma Park (after mommy got some coffee) and played at the park. Today is like an absolute perfect fall day. It's sunny, not windy, and about 65 degrees out.

We played at the park for a good 2 hours, and then we headed to the Outdoor Campus and walked on the Nature Trail and played inside with all the games they have in there. The kids were in heaven, they were having so much fun. We rounded it off with some Happy meals at McDonalds, and now they are both resting peacefully. They were really worn out after all the running and playing in the fresh air.

This coming weekend I have some fun Halloween things planned for the kids. Hy-Vee is having a Halloween day on Saturday where you can trick or treat, decorate cookies, and other fun things, and then we are also going to Trunk or Treat at one of the churches here in town. The kids are going to love it. And, if it's nice enough out I am considering taking them out to see Judy's horses, and cats, and her new puppy.

Have I mentioned I love this time of year?!

Fall Ball League Champs (Lower Bracket)

Emma being goofy

Mr. Eli

We love fall!!!


Being goofy 

Loved the combine rides



Helping Grandpa Jack Harvest

No comments:

Post a Comment