Monday, October 3, 2016

Wilde Prairie Winery Pumpkin Festival

This past weekend, my mom decided to make an impromptu trip out here to visit us and the kids. The rest of my family is busy with harvest and field work, so mom decided to make a weekend out of it and come and spend some time with the kids.

It was a pretty good weekend, the weather was beautiful, and the leaves are all changing colors and just absolutely beautiful this time of year. I was actually working night call all weekend, so it was nice to have an extra adult around to help wrangle the kids.

On Saturday, after a morning of just bumming around the house playing, we took the kids to a pumpkin festival at Wilde Prairie Winery which is just outside of Brandon. It was really nice because it was low-key, there weren't many people there, and there was plenty for both adults and kids to do.

Mom and I sampled wine, while the kids got to paint pumpkins, get face paint, do a mini-grape stomp, and play a bunch of games. They had a blast running around, and we enjoyed getting out of the house and enjoying the weather.

I actually lucked out, and didn't get called in at all on Saturday night (which never happens!) so we went to church the next morning. We had plans to go to Falls Park for Fall at the Falls, but Elliott took a 3 hour nap in the afternoon and kind of foiled those plans. So, we just hung out at home, and then I got called in to work at 6:30pm and was there was a good chunk of the evening. And that wrapped up a good weekend for us.

Today, I had the day off since I was on-call Sunday night. I kept the kids home with me, and we had a fun day at home together. We spent most of the morning at home, playing and watching some cartoons. Then during Eli's nap, Emma and I did some arts and crafts and some board games while Elliott the destructor was sleeping.

Once Eli was awake, we headed out of the house and went to the zoo. It was another gorgeous fall day. It was a little breezy, but it was sunny, and about 74 degrees, and I just love this time of year. We spent a solid 2 hours at the zoo, and the kids walked/ran the entire thing. They were pretty tired by the end of it. We made a pit stop at Target on the way home, and then we went home for supper with daddy.

It was a nice day off with the kids, and now they are fast asleep, I've got a beer cracked, and I am watching the Vikings lead the Giants 14-3 right now. It's shaping up to be a pretty good evening :)

Emma's Pumpkin Face

Wine Tasting

Selfies with Elliott

Grape Stomp

Emma really likes her blocks

Failing at the photo op

Fun at the zoo

Emma asked to have this picture taken. What a goofball :)

No comments:

Post a Comment