Saturday, September 22, 2018

The Night Before Europe.

It's really hard to believe that it's so close, but we leave for Minneapolis tomorrow morning, and fly to London tomorrow evening. That's a crazy sentence to write. I am super excited to finally be leaving for this trip, and to not be researching and planning it anymore! It's kind of like planning a wedding, I'm just ready for the party at this point.

I've been a little behind on my blogging lately, so I will try to fill you in on the last couple of weeks. Mostly, we have just been staying busy with school, and work, and life in general.

Last weekend we finally stained our deck. That has been a work in progress for a few weeks now, and we finally got it cleaned off, and then we got it fully stained. The kids played outside, and drove us crazy all morning, while we stained and got it done. It kind of sucked, but the weather was nice and it is so nice to have done before we leave on our trip.

Last Sunday, we had a football party at Kayjay and Josh's house. It was super hot out, so all the kids had fun playing outside in the sprinklers and playing with squirt guns. The games were pretty fun and intense, and the Vikings and Packers tied each other, so that was interesting. Unfortunately, Liam fell and hit his head and needed some staples, so that was a little bit of a downer, but he was ok and back to himself when they got back home again. It was a great afternoon.

This past week has pretty much flown by. Work was super crazy busy this past week, so I am happy to see the end of the week. I also had a bible study one night, and John shot an engagement session, so we stayed really busy. We also had 6 inches of rain on Thursday, so that left things really wet and flooded around here, and it was really bad timing for the famers.

Emma finished up her last Cross Country meet this last Wednesday. Emma really improved her time and finished her quarter mile in 2:19. She ran the entire way this week, and did a really good job. We were super proud of her. Elliott also ran the quarter mile, and finished the race and did a great job. It was really fun to watch them run. It was a great way to represent Bethel School in a positive way and the kids all seemed to enjoy the experience.

Today, we pretty much spent the entire day packing and cleaning. I packed up the kids stuff for Jim and Barb's house, and I packed up my stuff. I did fit everything into my carry-on, which is amazing considering we are gone for 10 days. I feel better now that we are finally packed, and we know everything fits in our bags.

After all the packing and cleaning, we headed out to Jim and Barb's to have supper and drop off the kids. We spent most of the afternoon and evening out there and than it came time to say goodbye to the kids. I told Elliott we were leaving, and he threw his arms up and yelled "yippy", such an Elliott move. Both kids gave us hugs and kisses, but they were way more excited about being at grandma and grandpa's house, than worrying about where their parents were going. I feel better knowing that they are happy and excited, but I am sure going to miss them these next 10 days. But, they will have a lot of fun, and we definitely will be busy the entire time we are gone.

So, here we are. Ready to wake up and leave at around 8:30am, and start this vacation. We fly out of Minneapolis at 6:00pm, and then we arrive in London at 8:00am London time. We probably won't get much sleep tomorrow night on the plane, so I am going to try to get as much rest as I can in my own bed tonight.

I'm going to call it a night soon here, and get some rest. London, here we come!!

Ready to run.


Go Bethel




Checking out the HyVee Pumpkin Patch


Just like her daddy

Beautiful Emma 


Elliott ready to go to Grandma and Grandpa's house 

No comments:

Post a Comment