Friday, January 18, 2019

January Keeps on Rolling.

January is over half over, and we have been keeping busy. The weeks just tend to fly by with work, school, homework, playing, bedtimes, and then we start it all over again. We've been really spoiled this year, and the temps have been in the 30s and 40s with no snow for the past several weeks. All that is going to change today. We are in a winter storm watch, school is cancelled, Emma has a nasty cold, and we are supposed to get 5-7 inches of snow. Yay!

I had to call into work today since Emma was not feeling the best and there is no school. John has a bunch of meetings today at work, so I took one for the team. So far, it's not doing much outside, but the snow is on its way. Right now, the kids are snuggled up watching cartoons, and I am enjoying a coffee with my feet up. Life is good.

We are trying to make it to my parent's house tonight, and I'm not sure how that is going to go. We are planning a trip to Mall of America with the whole family, and we have non-refundable rooms booked at a hotel attached to MOA. So, we are going to try pretty hard to make it, hopefully the weather cooperates. The kids are super excited for MOA and they can't wait to go on rides and go swimming at the hotel. It should be a fun weekend.

Last weekend, we had our annual college get-together in Brookings. We met up with some college friends and went to SDSU Basketball games on Saturday and then we watched some wrestling on Sunday. We also ate supper at Cubby's and just enjoyed visiting with everyone. It was fun to see everyone and catch up, but it was a super busy weekend, and we were all really tired by the end of it.

Last Friday night was John's 9 Clouds work party. We spent it at the ICON Lounge. We had a nice supper, another round of Cloudie awards, and then some socializing and open bar. It was a fun night, but by 10:00pm, I was tired and ready to go home. I'm turning into an old lady I think.

Those are the highlights of what has been happening around here. The kids continue to keep us busy, but they are at such fun ages. Our nightly ritual usually consists of building legos, or marble runs, or possibly Mouse Trap. They are very activity driven at this age. Elliott is still an ultimate bedtime delayer, he usually gets up a few times or asks half a dozen questions at bedtime. Other than that, the kids listen pretty well, and generally try to be good for us.

Last week, we also spent one evening going to SkyZone, and the kids absolutely loved it. With my great life discount, I can take both kids and myself, and we can all jump for $10. It's a pretty good deal. We might have to start going a little more regularly.

I'm pretty excited for this weekend, and I hope we can all make it there safely. I haven't taken like any pictures in the last week and a half, so I guess I don't have much to share this time around.

Here's to the weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment