Tuesday, May 17, 2022

35.

 A couple weeks ago, I turned 35. It was pretty uneventful. My birthday fell on a Wednesday, I worked, and then we had a softball practice for Elliott. We didn't even go out to eat. We did have some treats at work that people were nice enough to bring, and I had many people wish my a Happy Birthday. Overall, it was a good, normal day. 

John decided to give me a birthday weekend in the Twin Cities over Memorial Weekend. We are going to a Saints' Game on Saturday evening, and then a Twins' game on Sunday afternoon. I am really excited, and it should be a really fun weekend. Happy Birthday to me. 

35 is a little bit of a reality check. It used to surprise me that I was 30, and now I am halfway through my thirties. Emma turns 10 next month, and that really boggles my mind. 

Things I'm proud about being 35:

-I still play on two softball leagues on Monday nights, and I'm still holding my own out there

-I ran my first 5K a week and a half ago. I finished it with a time of 30:11. And I'm proud of that. 

-I am very active with my kids, I play softball, soccer, and basketball with them. 

-I really enjoy my job as a Surgical Coordinator in the OR, and I keep pushing myself to do more at work

-John and I make time to travel and take trips together. We want to keep doing this. 

-I'm content. I have a great family, wonderful friends, an active work and church life. I am proud of where I live and the life we have built in Sioux Falls. 

-The camping we do all summer. Memories to last a lifetime. 

My not so proud things about being 35:

-I hurt more. My feet and hips have been an ongoing battle between the softball and the running. Ouch. 

-How much I am still learning every day. When will I have it all figured out?

-Still a Minnesota Sports Fan. Still disappointed, a lot. 

-I learned this year that I am terrible at fractions. Fourth grade math is all about fractions, and I suck at them. When Emma needed help with her fraction homework, I was completely worthless. I feel like this is probably the tip of the iceberg. 


I could go on and on about what 35 feels like, but mostly I feel grateful. Grateful to have reached 35. Grateful to have a healthy, beautiful family. Grateful to be in love. Grateful to love what I do every day and who I spend my days with. Grateful for family vacations. 

Cheers to being 35!



No comments:

Post a Comment