Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Track and a 5K and Mother's Day

 The first week of May was pretty crazy. My birthday came and went, and then we had National Nurses' Day. We celebration at work with a nursing gala at the Denny Sanford Premier Center. It was the first one in two years, and it was fun. They had really good food, a cash bar for drinks, and then a nice program to honor nurses. It was a really nice evening. 

On Friday (May 6th), the kids had a track and field day in Watertown, SD at GPLHS. It was a fun day. I drove the kids there, and we started the day by watching a play in their new auditorium. We saw Beauty and the Beast. They did a pretty good job with the play, but it got a little long for all the kids. 

After lunch, the kids did some track and field events. They had a lot of fun and won some ribbons. Emma got a first place ribbon in the partner race, second place ribbon in the partner race, third place ribbon in the relay race, and a fourth place ribbon in the obstacle course. She was pretty proud. As was I. Elliott did pretty good too. He got third place in the 50 yard dash, first and second place in the partner races. He had a good time. 

After the track events, we stopped at Scooters for some treats. I got a free coffee for nurses' day, and the kids got some smoothies. After that, I decided to drag them to the Terry Redlin Museum. We all enjoyed walking about and looking at beautiful paintings for a while. After that, we made the trip back home. 

On Saturday, I ran the 5K race for the Avera Cancer Race. This was the first 5K I ever ran. It went ok. I ran the first two miles too fast, and was totally gassed for the last mile. But, I finished and finished in 30 minutes and 11 seconds, which was a decent time for me. I finished in 277th place out of 1000 runners. I'll take that. 

After the race, we spent the day catching up at home, and relaxing. On Mother's Day, we celebrated by going out to eat at the Attic after church. It was delicious. In the afternoon we went out to Jim and Barb's house to help with the greenhouse and we made pasta on the smoker. It was a really nice evening. 

These past couple weeks have been filled with softball games (for me) and softball practices for the kids. The kids start their games next week. They are really excited. Emma is actually going to do some pitching on her team this year, so that's pretty cool. We are going to get our fill of softball this summer. 

This past weekend, we had my work Christmas party at Vinyl Taco. It ended up being really fun and we had a decent turnout. I enjoyed the games and food at Vinyl Taco, and then we ended up going to Stogeez downtown for a while. It was nice to see John visiting with and getting to know my coworkers. 

And it's also the last week of school for the kids. Friday is their last day. It's so hard to believe I basically have a 5th grader and a 2nd grader, that's crazy! They are very excited for summer, and summer care. On the last day of school they are having a pizza party, and they get to go swimming at the MidCo Aquatic Center. They are going to have a blast. 











No comments:

Post a Comment