Monday, August 1, 2022

Catching up in July

 Whew, I feel like I just blogged about the 4th of July, and now it's August 1st already. I know I say it every time we change months, but where the heck does the time go? I really thought summer would be less busy, but we are just as busy, if not more busy than we were during the school year. 

The weekend after 4th of July was our first weekend of the summer that we didn't have any plans. It was kind of nice, but we ended up being pretty busy. On Friday evening, we went to a Canaries Game. Then, Saturday was spent catching up at home and then going to Frank Olson pool in the afternoon to swim. We had a great time, and almost had the entire pool to ourselves. Then, Sunday, after church we went to Wild Water West for 6 hours. So much for a relaxing weekend. But, we had a really good time and the weather was perfect for the pool. 

Our weeks in July were full of softball, playing outside, and plenty of other activities. We definitely know how to keep ourselves busy. 

We also went camping in Yankton the weekend of July 16th. We went by ourselves, and we had a really good weekend. It rained some of the time, and the flies were really bad at times, but we had a good time. We did some swimming in the lake, we went to the Aquarium, we did some of the state park activities, and we even managed to make it into town to have a couple drinks at Brewery and then ate some supper in town. It was a nice, busy, hot weekend that we all enjoyed. 

Two weekends ago was our church league softball tournament. We did terrible, and lost all three games. But, it was a fun day, with nice weather. In the evening, we had a grill-out at the parsonage and had a great evening with friends. On Sunday, after church, the kids rode with the Hinners to Huron to check out the new waterpark. The kids had a blast, but didn't get home until after 7:00pm, and they were super tired and wore out. While the kids were gone, John and I called up Katie, and we went and got some patio beers at Remedy and Severance. Then, we ate supper at McKenzie River. It was a fun afternoon, and the weather was perfect for sitting outside and enjoying a beer. 

This past week was pretty busy. We stayed busy pretty much every night of the week. Over the weekend John and the kids went to Lake Herman with the Remmers to camp. I joined them on Friday evening for a while after work, and then I had to get back home for a State Softball Tournament. We did ok in the tournament. We won our first two games, which was great, but then we lost our next two, and we definitely shouldn't have. But overall, it was fun and a great weekend, but it was a bummer to miss out on all the camping. It sounded like the kids had a ton of fun camping. 

Yesterday, we did go out and do some school shopping with the kids. We bought all the items they needed, and then we went and ate some supper at Buffalo Wild Wings. It was a nice evening together after being split up all weekend. 

Today is a catch-up day. I got mandated off work today since it was so quiet, so I have been catching up on things at home, getting ready for the fair, and catching up on blogging and errands. I miss the kids though, and I'm going to pick them up right at 3:30 when they get back from the pool. I usually really like a day to myself at home, but this is like day 3 of basically having the house to myself, and I'm starting to go a little stir-crazy, at least I'm getting things accomplished. 

Only 22 days until school starts, how did that happen? My kids are not ready for school, and neither am I!

Emma's photography scavenger hunt selfie 

Emma's scenery photo 

Another Emma original 

Outdoor arts and crafts 

Beach Day


2022 Steakout Softball Team 


No comments:

Post a Comment