Monday, January 2, 2023

Books I read in 2022

 I love to read, and I love the library. So, I end up ready a lot of books. I started writing down my books and rating them last year, and I continued it this year. This past year I read 49 books. That's almost one book a week. That's pretty good, considering how busy we are most weeks. Here's my list. 


1. Sorry, Not Sorry- Alyssa Milano. ****

2. The Wish-Nicholas Sparks. ***

3. That Summer-Jennifer Weiner. ***

4. Greenlights-Matthew McConaughey. ***

5. Malibu Rising-Taylor Jenkins Reid.***

6. The Guest List-Lucy Foley. ****

7. You Got Anything Stronger?-Gabrielle Union. ****

8. Small Great Things-Jodi Picoult. ****

9. E.R. Nurses-James Patterson & Matt Eversmann. ****

10. The Children's Blizzard-David Laskin. ****

11. The Perfect Family-Robyn Harding. ***

12. The Red Book-James Patterson & David Ellis. ***

13. Winter Counts-David Heska Warbli Weider. ****

14. Will-Will Smith. ***

15. I'm Still Here-Black Dignity in a World Made for Whiteness- Austin Channing Brown. ***

16. Two Sisters Detective Agency-James Patterson & Candice Fox. ***

17. The Case for Easter-Lee Strobel. ****

18. The President's Daughter-James Patterson & Bill Clinton. ***

19. Taste-My Life Through Food-Stanley Tucci. ****

20. Fear No Evil-James Patterson ***

21. The Paper Palace-Miranda Cowley Heller ****

22. The Woman in the Window-A.J. Finn. ****

23. The Comfort Book-Matt Haig. ****

24. The Other Mrs.-Mary Kubiak. Audiobook. ***

25. A Slow Fire Burning-Paula Hawkins. ***

26. We Were Never Here-Andrea Bartz. **

27. You, Happier-Daniel Amen, MD. ****

28. Run, Rose, Run-James Patterson & Dolly Parton ****

29. Healing, When a Nurse Becomes a Patient-Teresa Brown. ***

30. The Club-Ellemy Lloyd. ***

31. The Paris Apartment-Lucy Foley. ***

32. The Mothers and Daughters of the Bible Speak Lessons on Faith from 9 Biblical Families-Shannon Bream ***

33. Death of the Black Widow-James Patterson. **

34. Escape-James Patterson. ***

35. What Girls Need, How to Raise Bold, Courageous, & Resilient Women-Marisa Porges, PhD. ***

36. Sing You Home-Jodi Picoult. ***

37. Beneath a Scarlet Sky-Mark Sullivan. ****

38. 22 Seconds-James Patterson. ****

39. Songs of the Humpback Whale-Jodi Picoult. ***

40. Her Last Affair-John Searles. **

41. The Office BFFs-Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey. ****

42. Before We Were Yours-Lisa Wingate. ****

43. The Basoon King-Rainn Wilson. Audiobook. ****

44. Steal-James Patterson & Howard Roughen. ***

45. Live in Love-Lauren Akins & Mark Dagostino. ****

46. NYPD Red 7-James Patterson & Marshall Karp. ****

47. Shattered-James Patterson & James O Born. ****

48. After I Do-Taylor Jenkins Reid. ****

49. They Walked with God-Max Lucado. ****


My books are rated of a scale from 1 star to 4 stars. There really isn't any special thing that I am ranking them by. It's basically whether I liked the book or not. And some of the books I am biased towards. I am a nurse, so the nursing related ones I enjoyed and ranked higher. Also, I really like James Patterson, so I read a lot of books by him, and I am a Christian, so I enjoyed reading those religious books as well. And I am a fan of the Office and I liked autobiographies, so those are books I just tend to enjoyed. But, feel free to steal some ideas from my list if you would like. I know I always like to find a good book. 

My favorite book was probably Beneath a Scarlet Sky by Mark Sullivan. I really enjoyed that read, and it stayed with my a while. And I also enjoyed You, Happier by Daniel Amen, MD. It just had some really good tips on how to live a happier life and to just be happier, which I think everyone can use. 

Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment