Monday, January 1, 2024

Books I read in 2023

 I don't know what happened, but I wasn't as productive reading books this last year as years past. Our evenings are a little fuller than they used to be, so that could be part of it. But, I still enjoy reading and try to fit some in every day, although that doesn't always happen. 

I kept track of all the books I read, and I rated them out of 4 stars. If there are any extra memorable things about the book, I will include that as well. 

Here are the books I read in 2023:

1. The Ninth Month- James Patterson and Richard DiLallo **

2. Dying of Politeness- Geena Davis ***

3. Triple Cross- James Patterson. ****

4. Accidental Rancher- Eliza Blue ****

5. Fairy Tale- Stephen King ****

6. Friends, Lovers, and The Big Terrible Thing- Matthew Perry ****

7. Wrong Place, Wrong Time- Gillian McAllister. ***

8. Verity. Colleen Hoover. ****

9. City Under One Roof- Iris Yamashita. ***

10. The Light We Carry- Michelle Obama. ****

11. It Starts with Us- Colleen Hoover. ****

12. Dreamland- Nicholas Sparks. ***

13. Mad Honey- Jodi Picoult/Jennifer Boylan. ****

14. Diana, William, and Harry- James Patterson-audiobook. ***

15. Storyteller- Dave Grohl, audiobook. ****

16. Ugly Love- Colleen Hoover. ***

17. All the Dangerous Things-Stacy Willingham. ***

19. Someone Else's Shoes- JoJo Moyes. ****

20. The House of Wolves- James Patterson/Mike Lupica ****

21. Spare- Prince Harry ****

22. The 23rd Midnight- James Patterson ****

23. Winter Garden- Kirsten Hannah. **** (I sobbed in this book, but so good)

24. Night Read- Kristen Hannah ****

25. Someone We Know- Shari Lapera ***

26. Real Women of the Bible- Dr. Paul Kelm ***

27. Soul Care- Amber Albec Swenson ****

28. The Four Winds-Kristen Hannah**** (This one was also amazing)

29. Stories to Change your Life- Mike Novoty ****

30. The Surgeon's Daughter- Audrey Blake **** ( I really like this one too!)

31. Obsessed- James Patterson/James O Born ****

32. All Fall Down- Jennifer Weiner ***

33. Just the Nicest Couple- Mary Kubica ****

34. Count Down: A Thriller- James Patterson/Brendon Dubois ****

35. The Secrets We Keep- Laura Prescott. ****

36. Distant Shores- Kristen Hannah ***

37. Angel Falls- Kristen Hannah ***

38. Thicker than Water- Kerry Washington, audiobook. ****

39. 23 1/2 Lies- James Patterson ****

I still enjoy James Patterson as you can see, but I did discover Kristen Hannah this year, and I really like her books. Currently, I am reading Vanished in Vermillion, and I am really enjoying that book. It's sad, but so interesting, as it's a true case that happened in Vermillion, SD. 

I also have about 5 podcasts that I listen to weekly, so that also takes some of my time. And occasionally I throw in an audiobook, but it takes a long time to get through 11 hours of an audiobook. 

Sometimes there aren't enough hours in the day to fit in everything I want to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment