Sunday, March 21, 2010

Planning a wedding


Planning a wedding is hard work. You have to find something old, something new, something borrowed, and yes, something blue. You have to decide who should be in your wedding and who didn't quite make the cut. You have to decide what colors, what kind of cake, how the programs should look, who to invite, where to have the reception. There is a lot to remember!

I am five months away from my wedding. The save-the-date cards are sent. The wedding dress is purchased and hanging in my closet. The wedding invitations are picked out and ready to be ordered. The photographer, reception site, organist, band, and church are booked. My future mother-in-law is helping me with my flowers. I am currently talking with a baker about my cake options and we have looked at rings for my fiance.

Sometimes I feel like I am on top of my game and that I am right where I should be with the planning process. Other days I feel completely overwhelmed. There are just so many things to think about. Programs, toasting flutes. decorations, dress fittings, hair appointments, party favors, rehersal dinner, menu items, playlists, etc. etc.

I am the first child in my family to get married, so it makes it especially hard to know what I am supposed to be doing. I am very excited to be married, but the planning process for the ceremony and reception is ridiculous. It is stressful and overwhelming. I try to take it day by day and gradually get things done so that hopefully 5 months from now I will be ready to walk down the isle and begin my future.

Word of advice to those who are engaged, start planning early and take it day by day. And allow your fiance and family to help, it is too big of a burden for one person to handle alone.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment