Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My Wedding Day Part II

The ceremony part of my wedding day was pretty short and sweet. However, it was the source of my nervousness for the day. We had about a half an hour to sit in the basement of the church and wait for the ceremony to start.

I was sitting in a folding chair chatting with everyone else, when all of a sudden I got really nervous. I started thinking about the big picture and how big of a moment was coming up in my life. My sister started to shout wipe some of the stains on my train from the outdoor pictures, and I sat there with sweaty palms, trying to take big deep breaths.

At about 5 minutes before 4:00 the wedding party and I (minus John because he was already in front with Pastor) started walking up the stairs for the ceremony. I was still pretty nervous at this point, thinking about walking down the isle with everyone staring at me. My dad met me in the entry way of the church with tears in his eyes, and that almost made me lose it.

Cannon in D started playing and the wedding couples started to make their decent down the isle. My dad gave me his arm, and we waited until everyone stood and then we made our slow walk down the isle. My nervousness left me as soon as I saw my groom at the other end of the isle. It was a powerful moment, and all I saw was him.

When my dad and I got to the end of the isle, John came down to meet us and my dad broke down. Tears sprung into my eyes again as I thought about my dad giving me away to John. Once the ceremony started, I remembered how warm it was in church. Of course our non air-conditioned church made for a very warm ceremony. I don't remember listening to Pastor very much. I was focused on looking at my future-husband and absorbing the moment.
After the ceremony, we had a receiving line to talk to everyone who attended the wedding. It was nice to see everyone that was there and get their congratulations and hugs after we were married. Once the receiving line was done, John and I headed back into the church to come out as a married couple and have our friends and family cheer for us and blow bubbles at us. We got into John's decorated car and headed to Fairfax to hit up the Frontier Bar and Lounge. Let's face it, church was hot and we were all ready for a beer or two.


After the bar stop we headed to the reception at Jackpot Junction. The 20 minute car ride was a nice time to have some alone time with my new husband and get to talk to him about how we were feeling and what kind of day we were having. We both were relieved that all we had to worry about now was the food and dancing. We were very excited for the second part of the night. Next blog: The Wedding Reception. Thanks for reading about the most important day of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment