Thursday, September 9, 2010

My Wedding Day Part I

I can't really describe how I felt on my wedding day. I think I probably went through every emotion possible. I woke up at about 7:30 am to prepare for the day. I went through the list of items I would need for the day about a hundred times, paranoid about forgetting something. At about 8:00 my sister and I left for Gibbon to get our hair done along with the rest of the bridesmaids. We went to The Hair Base to get our hair styled. This was probably the most relaxing part of my day. We had a good time chatting about the day and getting our hair styled.

Once we all had our hair styled, we headed back to my house to get ready while the boys got ready in the basement of the church. My bridesmaids and I put our makeup on in front of the various mirrors in my parent's house. Then came time for the bridesmaids to get into their dresses. At this point I was still doing pretty well and was focusing on getting ready and helping the bridesmaids. Then it came time for me to get ready.

We were supposed to get to the church by noon, and at about quarter to noon one of the photographers called and wanted to come to the house to get pictures of us getting ready. I am a person that likes to stay on schedule, so waiting for the photographer was hard for me to do. Also, I was waiting to finally get into my dress, and it was killing me to wait.

Finally I got into my dress, and it was a wonderful feeling. We headed to our cars and drove to the church. I hurried to get upstairs before John could see me so we could do the traditional "first time we get to see each other" moment. However, I was busy taking pictures with my bridesmaids and all of a sudden John came up the stairs. We never got our special moment, but we survived. It's just one of those things where not everything always goes the way you want it to go. Anyway, my groom looked very handsome and it was still a special moment to me.

Next came about a million pictures. The outdoor pictures were a ton of fun, but by the time we started on the traditional indoor pictures, I was getting a little tired of smiling. But overall, I had a blast taking pictures. It's the one time where a photo shoot is centered completely on me and my day.

This is pretty much my wedding day from 7:30am to about 3:15 in the afternoon. I did not get nervous at all during this part of the day. I had a blast taking pictures with John outside. I am very excited to get the professional pictures back and see how they all turned out. It was fun to share this day with my closest friends and family. I will blog about the ceremony in my next blog. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment