Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Wedding Reception

The wedding reception was a blast. The first thing John and I did when we got to Jackpot was check into our honeymoon suite. Then the wedding party and ourselves entered the reception hall as we were introduced by John's dad. It was an awesome feeling to be introduced as Mr. & Mrs. John Nelson for the first time.

The reception hall was beautiful. I had Grapevine Rentals decorate for me and I bought some green and purple candles to go on the tables. We also had centerpieces made out of grapes, apples, and plums. They looked very beautiful and people could snack on them while they waited for us to get to the reception.
Once we were all seated at the head table, we got to eat. We had a strawberry salad, pork loin, mashed potatoes and gravy, and california blend vegetables. It was very good. I was so overwhelmed that I couldn't even eat very much of my food. Once the head table was done eating, John and I talked to our guests about how happy we were that everyone could make it. The fathers also got up and talked and thanked everyone. We also wished my parents a happy 28th anniversary.

Next, we decided to cut the cake while everyone else was finishing their food. Of course as soon as we cut our pieces, we smashed the pieces of cake into each others faces. We didn't even try to nicely feed them to each other, we went for the cake fight immediately. The best man and maid of honor gave excellent speeches and then we had the first dances. Following that the band played and the beer flowed. The dance was amazing. I was on the dance floor for about 90% of the night and had a blast.

The dance ended at about 12:30 am and I was exhausted by this time of the night. It was sad to see the end of my wedding day, but I had an awesome day and it was nice to not have to worry about planning a wedding and hoping that everything went well. So, there it is. My wedding day. The day I will tell my kids and grandkids about. I had so much fun that day, and now I am ready to spend the rest of my life with my husband. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment