Saturday, October 16, 2010

Corn Maze

Yep, it's official, fall is definitely my favorite season. Last night John and I decided on a whim to go to the corn maze in Harrisburg, South Dakota. I have never actually been to a corn maze before. I grew up on a farm, so my parents always had to worry about harvesting the crops, and never had the time to take me to things like this in the fall.

So John and I decided it sounded like a fun time. So we headed to Harrisburg for the Heartland Country Corn Maze. Harrisburg is located about 5 miles south of Sioux Falls. The maze this year was in the shape of a T-Rex. The goal of the maze is to find the 10 checkpoints which contain answers to questions on the sheets we receive at the gate. There is also a "secret" checkpoint that is not on the map, and if you find it you get a free concession treat.

John and I grabbed our flashlights and we got to the corn maze at about 7:30 pm. We paid our entrance fee, got our map, and our game cards. John mostly navigated and I lead the way and we did a wonderful job. It took us about an hour to complete the entire maze. We didn't find the secret checkpoint, but the lady in charge told us it was located on a random dead end. Since we were such good map readers, we never came across it, and we didn't feel it was worth the effort to search every dead end in the maze.

We had a really good time. It was especially fun in the dark. The only downside was the high school kids running through the corn acting like idiots. For my first corn maze, I had a blast. Next up I am asking John to take me to an Apple Orchard and perhaps a pumpkin patch so we can carve some pumpkins. Thanks for Reading!

1 comment:

  1. FUN!!! Every October when I was in Fargo I went to a Haunted Corn Maze and LOVED it! :) and DO carve some pumpkins...it only happens once a year ;)

    ReplyDelete