Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Postseason Baseball

I may have mentioned this before, but I am a huge twins fan. I usually go to 1 or 2 games every summer, and have them on in the background when I am at home, and keep track of how they are doing by visiting their website or watching Sportscenter. So, to sum up I like to follow the twins and see how they are doing.

I was very excited to see the twins clinch the central division so early in September. I was even more excited when they were contending to have the best record in the American League and have a chance for home field advantage for the playoffs. However, they did not play well the last two weeks of the regular season and that chance dwindled. Then, I learned that they will face the Yankees, again, in the postseason.

Due to history, I am a little worried about the Twins facing the Yankees. The Yankees have pounded the Twins in the past, both in the regular season and the postseason. This is not to say that I don't believe the Twins can win, I am just realistic and I know how hard it is going to be to beat the Yankees.

Tonight is the first game of the 5 game series. I am wearing my Twins Jersey and hoping for the best when the game starts at 7:30 pm. I know the Twins have the ability to beat the Yankees, they just need to prove it.

I love postseason baseball, and I hope to see the Twins come up with three wins against the Yankees. Go Twinkies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment