Saturday, June 4, 2011

Rib Fest 2011

After living in Sioux Falls for over two years, I finally made it to Rib Fest this summer. I had a really good time! The weather was beautiful, it was around 78 degrees and actually not windy for once. Rib fest is held at the Sioux Falls Arena parking lot, and is basically a huge backyard BBQ.

John and I arrived at Rib Fest at around 8:00 pm. It was $5 to get in the gate, and then it was time to shop for food. It was pretty much packed when we got there as well. Apparently a beautiful evening along with BBQ and beer really brings people out!

There were eight different vendors serving BBQ, and each one was displaying all the trophies and awards they had won for best BBQ. The vendors were Famous Daves, Desperado's, Willingham's, Porky 'N' Beans, Johnson's BBQ, Aussom Aussie, Cowboy's, and Rausta Joe's BBQ. John has been to Rib Fest quite a few times, so we hit up Cowboy's which was a new vendor this year. I thought it was really good, but I really can't think of a time when I have had BBQ and not enjoyed it.

We had to eat standing up because it was so packed, but it was delicious. Next we needed some beer to quench our growing thirst. We had to stand in line forever, but I got a Summer Shandy which tasted great. I love seasonal beers!

Finally, it was time for the entertainment. The Gin Blossoms played from about 9:30-10:45. I had never heard of them before, but I knew quite a few of their songs such as "Hey Jealousy" or "Follow you down". It was a great night. We met up with John's brother and some of other friends and had a great evening. The food and beer are pretty expensive, but it was a great evening and I look forward to going to Rib Fest again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment