Sunday, August 7, 2011

Weekend with my sister

My sister, Rachel, lives in Mankato, Minnesota, and we have been talking about getting together for the last couple months. We finally found a weekend that worked for the both of us. So, Rachel headed to our house on Friday.

Friday evening Rachel arrived I started off by giving her a tour of our house. Then since it was so nice out we decided to set up some lawn chairs in the driveway and drink some beer. My brother Ryan also stopped by as he was parking his truck in our driveway while he went camping in West River. We grilled some steaks and drank some beer, and had a good evening. We then decided to rent "True Grit" and then we called it a night.

On Saturday, we ate lunch at Casa del Ray. John went to go shoot a wedding, so Rachel and I went shopping. We pretty much shopped away the afternoon. At 6:00 I got ready and went to Steve and Melanie Pierson's wedding It was an outdoor wedding, and it was really beautiful. Steve was John's RA in college, so we know him really well. It was one of those things where I knew about three people at the wedding, so I got pretty bored once the meal was over. So, I ditched out at about 9:30 and I went and saw "Bridesmaids" at the cheap theatre with Rachel and her friend, Sara. Let me just say that "Bridesmaids" is a hilarious movie.

We rounded off Sunday by eating lunch at Taste of the Big Apple and hitting up a few more stores. Rachel just headed out of town about an hour ago, and I am ready to unwind and enjoy the rest of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment