Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Grandma's 80th Birthday

This last weekend I headed to Minnesota for the first time since Christmas. John had to teach a photography class all day on Saturday, so I headed to Minnesota without him.

On Saturday I basically hung out around home with my mom during the day. We also went over to Joe's farm site (which shortly will be Ryan's farm site) to see all the work they have done over there. They sawed down all the trees in the front yard and have been cleaning out the house for the last couple weeks. Also, they will begin building the new shop shortly. The farm place really looks a lot different.

My mom also saved some baby clothes that Rachel and I used to wear when we were babies. So, I went through the clothes and took the things I would possibly put on my baby girl (some of it was very 80s...haha). I also took some baby blankets from when we were little. 

In the evening, Dad's side of the family came over to have a grill-out. It was supposed to be sunny and 75 degrees, but it was cold, windy, and cloudy so we all ate and hung out inside. It was nice to see everyone and visit with them since it had been so long since I had been home. Also, Janel gave me some of Jenna's old clothes, which will be really fun to use for our baby girl.We then played some games and socialized for the rest of the evening.

Sunday, we went to Gaylord for my Grandma Mary's 80th Birthday Celebration. We went to church at the Catholic Church in Gaylord, which was kinda crazy. I was completely lost during the service, but we tried to follow along the best we could. Then we ate out at the Prairie House with mom's side of the family.

From 1-3pm we had a cake and ice cream social for the public at the church to celebrate Grandma's Birthday. Afterwards, I made my journey back to Sioux Falls. It was a nice weekend back at my parent's home, and I got to see both sides of the extended family.

No comments:

Post a Comment