Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Emma Lynn Nelson

So, our baby girl, Emma, arrived on June 15 at 10:50pm. She was 6 lbs 14 oz and 181/4 inches long. It was a complete surprise to us when she came. My water broke at home at 8:10 pm. I wasn't completely sure my water had broke since I wasn't contracting, and this was my first time going through labor, so I called my Nurse Midwife and she told me to come to the hospital.

By the time I got to the hospital, my Nurse Midwife met me there and she checked my cervix and I was already 6 cm dilated and 100% effaced. Labor went really fast! There was no time to think about pain medications or anything other than pushing a couple hours later.

After a couple pushes, Emma was out. My labor was short, but it wasn't easy. It still hurt. But I was very fortunate to have such a fast labor!

Emma is almost 2 weeks old already! I don't know what I used to do with my time, because now my time is consumed with a newborn. I love being a mom, but holy smokes I wasn't completely prepared for the lack of sleep. So far, we are strictly breastfeeding her, and it is going pretty well, but breastfeeding takes a lot of time and energy!

Now time to brag with some pictures!!!! Welcome to the world Emma!









No comments:

Post a Comment