Thursday, June 14, 2012

Preparing for the baby!

So, I am now 37 weeks pregnant! 3 weeks and counting! And actually it could be anytime now. I am trying to prepare as much as I can during this time.

My hospital bags are packed and we continue to buy items here and there that we still need for our daughter. We are getting so excited to meet her!

I, for one, cannot wait to stop feeling like a puffy balloon. I just want my body back. I would love to be able to sleep on my back or stomach, instead of just one side or the other. Also, the sore back and extra weight can go. Don't get me wrong, being pregnant is a beautiful, wonderful thing, but 40 weeks is a long time!

John and I attended a really good breastfeeding class a couple weeks ago. We learned a lot, and feel more comfortable with the idea of breastfeeding. However, it's still going to be quite a learning curve!

I have also been working on her baby book, trying to get as much of that done as I can before she comes. My goal is to keep a very accurate baby book. I also have started a scrapbook for her, I just want to be able to share these memories with her someday.

John and I are the typical excited-to-meet-our-baby parents. The waiting is just about killing us, but the due date is getting closer and closer. And hopefully I don't go too far past my due date. I can't wait to share some pictures of her soon! I will also try to get a new maternity picture posted soon, believe it or not, I am still expanding!!

No comments:

Post a Comment