Monday, December 3, 2012

Emma's First Thanksgiving

Well, Thanksgiving was two weeks ago, and here I am, finally getting some time to blog about it.

We spent Thanksgiving Day in Brookings with John's side of the family. We did the typical things you do on Thanksgiving, ate too much and visited with all the family. Emma tolerated the day pretty well. She didn't really nap like she is used to, so she was a little crabby, but overall she handled it well.

Thanksgiving evening we made our journey to Minnesota and spent the rest of the weekend with my family. Emma enjoyed all the attention and activity during the long weekend.

We celebrated Thanksgiving with my side of the family on Saturday in my parents' new shop. Once again, Emma didn't sleep much so she was pretty crabby by the end of the day.

I really enjoy the holiday season, and Thanksgiving made me think about what I am most thankful for this year. I am thankful for everything the good Lord has provided for me.  Of course my family is on top of the list. I don't know where I would be without the love and support of my husband, John and I love our daughter to pieces. I am thankful for our health, and our good jobs that we have. I am thankful for great family and friends.

I hope you all took the time to reflect on what you are most Thankful for, and hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment