Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Happy October!

Holy smokes, how can it possibly be October already? Things have been pretty busy in the Nelson household lately.

This last weekend, my parents made a last minute decision to come and visit. It rained in Minnesota, so they decided to visit before they got too busy with field work.

On Saturday, we spent the day hanging out. It was a windy, chilly day, but we decided to head out to an apple orchard outside of town. It was pretty fun. We basically just looked around, and Emma had a blast walking around and looking at the animals. We also gave Emma her first pony ride at the orchard. She didn't really know what to think about it.




 I have a lot to teach her about how to properly ride a horse. Haha.

We also went out to eat at Old Chicago, which was delicious. Afterwards we went to a park since the weather was gorgeous. Then we spent the evening back at our house drinking beer and visiting. Emma was a little terror who would not go to sleep. She missed her afternoon nap, and then was having too much fun to go to sleep. I think it was about 9 pm before she was in bed, which is pretty late since she missed her nap.

On Sunday, the roofers came to re-shingle our house. It kind of sucked that they came on a Sunday. We really had no where else to be, so we got to hear a lot of pounding and banging on top of the roof.

My parents left on Sunday afternoon, and Emma and I spent the afternoon together while John had a photo shoot. In the evening,we ate out at Lone Star for Jeff's birthday. It was nice to see so much family in one weekend, it doesn't happen very often.

Yesterday I brought Emma to her 15 month check up. Everything looks good with Emma. She weighs 22 lbs 6 oz and is 30 inches long. She is getting so big!! She got three shots yesterday as well, and handled them pretty well. She cried right when she got them, but otherwise she did well. We had a Subway date after the doctor appointment, and then I dropped her off at daycare. She cried and screamed and reached for me when I dropped her off at daycare, break my heart. But she had a good day at daycare once she got over it.

I'm working call shifts this week at work, so my schedule is a little goofy this week. I got to stay home all night last night, so I'm hoping these next two nights go just as well.

It's so nice to have our new shingles up on our roof, and today a guy is coming by to fix our window. Its wonderful to have these things coming together so we don't have to worry about them anymore.

It was a fun weekend with family, and hopefully it's a great week with good call :)

No comments:

Post a Comment