Wednesday, September 25, 2013

New Fall TV Shows

I really like when new fall TV shows come back on the air. With a one-year-old, I don't exactly watch a ton of TV, and hardly any of it live, but thank goodness for the internet, because I can watch my shows whenever I want, which is great.

I always like trying out some Pilot episodes to see if I like them enough to add the show to my list of current shows, here are some of the Pilots I have tried out:

1. Sleepy Hallow
    -I don't really know why I watched this episode, but I heard a lot about it, so I gave it a shot. It was a pretty entertaining episode, but it didn't really get my attention enough for me to continue watching it. And it was a little weird. It's definitely different than anything else, but I think it tries a little too hard with the whole headless horseman thing. But it was okay, and if it sounds like your sort of thing, give it a whirl.

2. The Blacklist
    -I'm not generally a James Spader fan, but I really liked this pilot episode. It was very entertaining, and it kept my attention the entire episode. I don't think every episode can keep up the pace to this one, but I am willing to continue watching at this point, and see what happens. I would highly recommend this show! It is sort of like Silence of the Lambs meets the Borne Identity. I liked it.

3. Agents of the S.H.I.E.L.D
    -Again, this one got a shot because of all the buzz, and a little bit because of Joss Whedon. I have watched Buffy and Angel back in the day, and surprisingly liked them, so with all the attention this show was getting I thought I would give it a whirl. I don't really know what I think. I am watching the pilot episode, while I type this, which maybe says it all. It's not bad, but it's kind of slow-moving at this point. Maybe it takes a few episodes to get going. I think I will try to pay closer attention here, and maybe give it a couple episodes. It's got potential.


Show's that are already on my list:

1. Bones
     -I really enjoy this show. However, entering into season 9, it's best days are definitely behind them. I still find some episodes very entertaining and good, but some of the story lines are a little over the top. Like the whole Booth changing his mind about the proposal because Pelant (the bad guy) made him, and he can't tell Brennan why he changed his mind. I still like all the characters, it just feels like the tension is gone and they are running out of storylines a little bit. But, I have watched it since the beginning, so I will continue to the end.

2. Grey's Anatomy
    -Again, I have watched this show since the beginning and now it is entering season 10. It was a lot better show back in the first few season, but it is still a very watchable and enjoyable show. It has had it's share of wacky, crazy story lines, but I still enjoy it. I hope they decide to have this the last season though, with Dr. Yang (Sandra Oh) leaving at the end of the season, and so many others having contracts expiring after the season, I hope they decide to end the show before so many regulars leave and they have to cancel the show.

3. NCIS:LA
   - I really enjoy this show. I have never really watched the original NCIS, but I started this show with the Pilot episode and have never really been disappointed. There has been an episode or two that was a little boring or I didn't exactly love the story line, but overall I never feel like I wasted my time watching an episode. I just watched the series premier last night, and I am really looking forward to where this season brings all the characters.

4. Scandal
    -I didn't want to like this show. I'm not always a huge Shonda Rhimes fan. I didn't like Private Practice, and I feel like Shonda really likes herseld (Shondaland). But, I kept hearing all these things about the show, and I decided to give it a shot when I found it on Netflix. I binge-watched the first season, and I was hooked. I love the characters, and the show always takes you in some unexpected direction. It is definitely a guilty pleasure, but it's a fun ride :)

5. Breaking Bad
   -This is an interesting show. It is really dark, and serious, and normally I wouldn't like a show like this. But this show is captivating. And talk about the anti-hero in Walter White. We don't have cable in out house, so I can only watch this on Netflix when it is available, so I am quite a ways behind the current season. I like this show, and can't wait to see how it all ends, hopefully I can avoid Spoiler Alerts until then.

6. Burn Notice
    -My sister got me hooked on this show. I have enjoyed every single episode of this show from the beginning, and now it is ending. Actually, it has already ended, but since I don't have cable, I have 3 episodes left to watch. I am sad to see this show end, but it had a great run and it was always a fun hour of television.

7. Parenthood
    -This show is so underrated. It seems to always have heartwarming, fun, entertaining episodes. I love the entire cast, and the story lines are always so sweet. This show is always on the brink of being cancelled, so I am enjoying it while it lasts.

8. Modern Family
    -Great comedy with a great cast. There is a reason it has won so many Emmys. It makes me laugh and it's totally relatable. It's a wonderful half-hour of comedy.

9. How I Met Your Mother
   - I discovered this on Netflix, and it's a fun show. I don't love every single episode, some of them are a little boring, but when it's a show on Netflix, I can pick it up whenever I feel like it and no commercials!!

Okay, 11 shows seems like a lot. It is kind of a lot, but I watch them on my time, online. Some weeks I hardly watch any at all, other weeks I play catch up. And I am a TV show person, instead of a movie person. I really don't ever go to the movie theatre to watch a movie, and the last new release movie I saw was probably 8 months ago. So, I watch TV shows. I like being able to follow a story over a season for 20 hours, instead of just 2 hours in a movie.

So these are my shows, so if you are looking for a new show this fall season, feel free to pick any of the ones above. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment