Thursday, December 19, 2013

Emma's 18-month check-up

Emma had her 18 month check up on Tuesday, and everything went really well. She weighs 25 pounds and is in the 67th percentile for weight and is 30 inches tall, which is the 21st percentile. So, basically we have a short and stout little girl. Guess she is taking after the Kiecker side of the family so far.

The doctor said Emma is looking good developmentally as well. Basically everything is looking good with Emma. Plus, it's been 6 months since Emma has had an ear infection (or any illness really, knock on wood), so Yay!!

We did give Emma one shot on Tuesday, she got her first Hepatitis A vaccine, and she took it like a champ. She cried a little when they first stuck her, but after that she was totally over it. We spent the rest of the day with a Mommy and Emma day, and had a great day.

We did some shopping at Target, ate some lunch, and then headed home for some R & R. The day went great, until I accidentally poisoned my child. Okay, that sounds really bad, but thats kinda what happened.

I made goulash last week, and we still had leftovers in the fridge. They were about a week old, which to me isn't THAT old. So, I fed Emma the goulash for supper, while John and I had a frozen pizza. Well, Emma was fine and dandy until about 9:30pm when she puked up everything that was in her stomach.  And I mean everything. She handled it pretty well. She freaked out while she was puking, since it was the first time she had ever puked, but once she was done, we got her and her crib all cleaned up, and she was laughing and giggling.

I felt like absolute crap for making her sick, but I learned my lesson. We are now on the three-day rule for leftovers, especially for Emma.

So anyway, it was a good day with Emma, except for the ending of the day. But she was her normal, happy self the next morning. So, at least she's not scarred from the food poisoning incident.

We have a busy weekend coming up, I am working call today, tomorrow, and Sunday, and on Saturday we are celebrating Christmas with John's family. Then, on Monday we are heading to Minnesota for Christmas with  my family.

Whew. This next week is going to be over in a blink of an eye. I love the Holidays, but they are sorta hectic and busy sometimes!!!

And I better finish up my Christmas shopping pretty soon!!! T-6 days until Christmas!!! Holy Smokes!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment