Thursday, May 29, 2014

Sunshine and fun :)

I just can't seem to keep up on my blogging lately. The weeks fly by, and the weekends go even faster because we are usually busy, busy, busy.

This last week, the weather was finally nice. We have been spending more evening outside drawing with sidewalk chalk or blowing bubbles. We have also been visiting some parks, which Emma has been loving.

We also have had some friends over for some grill-outs, which has been nice being able to catch up with friends.

Last weekend was Memorial Day, and I had to work on Saturday and Sunday, which was kinda a bummer. Monday we spent the day as a family, and it was really nice. We just bummed around in the morning, and after that we went to Menards to spruce up our backyard. We bought some new Tiki Torches, patio lights, and an LED Lantern that changes colors. I really like how it all came together.

I also took Emma swimming for the first time of the summer the other day. She screamed at me while I put her swimsuit on, but then she loved the pool. It was just a little chilly with the breeze, but it didn't seem to bother Emma. She then proceeded to scream and cry at me when I decided we were done swimming and had to take her out of her swimsuit. That silly, little girl.

After swimming, we met John at the zoo to see the new baby Giraffe. We wandered around the entire zoo, and Emma was pretty shot by the end of it.

Today, is an Emma and mommy day. We have spent the morning playing both in the basement, and spending lots of time outside. We even went for the first bike ride of the summer. Right now, Emma is taking a much-needed nap, and I am taking a much-needed break. I also have swimming and playing in the park on the agenda for this afternoon. Emma has no idea how much fun she's in for today :)

Swinging at the park



Going down the slide


Hanging out at the zoo

Cutie :)


No comments:

Post a Comment