Tuesday, May 6, 2014

A Minnesota Weekend :)

Wow, it's been a couple weeks since I last blogged. Time has gotten away from me, and it's been incredibly busy over here in the Nelson household.

Let's see, what's been going on the last couple weeks. I have been busy at work, and of course busy at home chasing Emma around. John has been pretty busy taking Wedding and Confirmation Pictures, as well as working.

I hit up some Garage Sales two weekends ago, and I had some pretty good luck finding Emma some clothes, and I found her a pedal trike for $5. Emma loves playing on her trike, but she hasn't quite figured out how to use the pedals.

Emma enjoying her tricycle



This past weekend, we headed to Minnesota to hang out with family. Poor Emma did not get much sleep on our get-away, but it was a fun weekend.

We got to my parent's house at around 8:30pm on Friday night. Emma did sleep for part of the trip, but once we got to my parent's she was all amped up and excited to be playing with new toys and people. And she was obsessed with my parent's dog Zander.  Emma didn't go to bed until 10:00pm, it was a late night for everyone!

On Saturday, Mom, Emma, and I went Garage Sailing around Fairfax in the morning. After that, the entire family went to Gaylord to eat some lunch and then visit Grandma and Grandpa Kloeckl.

A fist-bump for Great-Grandma Mary

Picture with the great-grandparents

The family

The rest of the day was spent hanging out at Mom and Dad's house just chilling and playing some games.

Sunday, we went to church, and then to Kyle's Confirmation Party. It was nice to see all the extended family and catch up with them. Emma finally took a much needed nap after the party, and shortly after that we made the treck back to South Dakota.

It was a great weekend, but it was very busy and over in a flash. I had today off, and have spent most of the day cleaning the house and catching up with things around the house.

Emma loves her wagon

4-wheeler rides


How cute is that?

Also got a photo with Great-Grandma Elaine
Emma and Zander bonding

No comments:

Post a Comment