Friday, August 29, 2014

Summer is wrapping up...

Wow, this week has flown by in a hurry! My weekend of nights was horrible, I think we put in about 30 hours over the weekend, and that was just on nights! Also thrown into the mix was the fact that Percy, John's grandpa fell and broke his hip on Saturday. And both of John's grandmas have been in the hospital this week too, so it's been a little bit intense of a week.

Percy is still at Avera, and having some hard times. The surgery was tough on him and made him confused, and now they think that there may be some sort of infection going on. So, we are not sure when he will get to head back to Brookings again. I have been trying to check in on him during my down times at work to make sure he is doing ok.

Monday, was my day off after my hell-ish weekend, and I spent most of it catching up on sleep. However, the evening was gorgeous, and we took Emma to the park to have a photo shoot and then to play and enjoy the weather. Her pictures turned out so good, I can't wait to post them on here! But we are printing off some pics for the Grandparents for Grandparent's Day, so we don't wanna ruin the surprise just yet...

Tuesday was also a really nice day. So after work John, Emma, and I headed to McKennan Park to enjoy the beautiful weather. She had such a fun time just running around on the playground set. She finally is getting to the point where she can go up and down the slides on her own, and it is wonderful :)

The rest of the week has been pretty low-key. It has rained pretty much every day since Tuesday, so our evenings were spent in the house playing away.

I have today off, and also the next three. I am so excited to have a long labor day weekend! We may go to Brookings one day to go to the Children's Museum that is there. Otherwise, not a whole lot planned for the long weekend.

I cannot believe it is Labor Day already! Out with summer, in with fall I guess. Good thing I really, really, really like Fall, I'm just not a big fan of what comes after fall. But at least this year, I have a little bundle of joy to look forward to come December.

Hope everyone had an excellent summer-And Happy Fall!!!


Playing on the playground at McKennan Hospital

Peek

Playground Fun :)

Riding the horse at Hy-Vee

No comments:

Post a Comment