Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Double the antibiotics, double the fun?

Yep, that's the way things are going in our household lately. Emma is still on antibiotics from being diagnosed with Strep throat last week, and now Elliott is on antibiotics for what we think is an ear infection. Fun stuff.

I had today off, and of course had the kids home with me today. Emma was great all day. She behaved herself, she was adorable, and I just enjoyed the day with her. She even put herself to bed for her nap, it was awesome!

Elliott was another story. He was very, very fussy. I couldn't even set him down all day, or he would start crying, which gets a little heavy when he weighs 21 pounds! He also had temps on and off during the day, is very snotty, coughing, and is teething on top of everything. So, he was a complete mess all day.

I made a doctor appointment for him since we were barely surviving the day. He tested negative for strep, and apparently he had too much ear wax in his ears to see if they were infected or not. But the doctor thought we should give him antibiotics since he was so miserable, running temps, and that she couldn't get in there to see his ears very well. I quickly agreed, hoping that some medicine would help my poor little boy feel better.

Emma was very well behaved at the doctor's office, and in Hy-Vee to pick up the medicine, so she got some gummie bears, which completely made her day. I have Elliott his medicine, and fed him, and he passed out for 2 hours (which was great!) So, Emma and I went outside and played, and enjoyed the 70 degree day.

As of right now, Elliott is still pretty miserable. We gave some Tylenol and another dose of Penicillin before bed, so I am hoping something makes him feel better. Luckily, John is watching Elliott tonight, I am looking forward to a full night of sleep after a long, long day with a fussy infant.

So, that's the news over here. Sick children, sleepless nights, and stressed out parents. I am hoping this round of antibiotics does the trick for a while, and we can maybe be healthy for a few weeks? Is that asking for too much?

So, here's hoping we have healthier days ahead!!! (Also, I don't think I have any new pictures from the last time I blogged, so I guess I have to do something weird and not post any pictures. Sorry. )

No comments:

Post a Comment