Friday, January 22, 2016

Here Be Dragons

Today has been a pretty fun day. I ended up getting VTO from work, and kept the kids home with me and we have been having a good time. We spent the morning playing at home with marble sets, legos, kitchen towels, and destroying the basement.

After lunch, we headed to the zoo for their Here Be Dragons exhibit. It was actually pretty cool, and it only cost us 5 dollars since we are zoo members. There were different species of lizards and dragons, and some activities for the kids. After checking out the exhibit, we walked around the rest of the museum, and the kids had fun playing in the toy area.

Right now, the kids are both napping (yay!) and I have my feet up and am watching some Parks and Rec while I blog. I should probably be cleaning the kitchen, but, maybe later...

I am also driving around a Dodge Caravan right now while my car is getting worked on, and unfortunately, I kind of like it. It has automatic doors on both side, an automatic backhatch, seat warmers and heated steering wheel, a fold up DVD player and headphones, leather seats, lots of room, and it's just pretty fancy overall. I don't plan on getting a van anytime soon, but I can kind of see the appeal. Especially when hauling a couple kids around. So, I am having fun playing with the van while my car gets fixed.

In other big news, Elliott officially started walking this week!!! It's been really exciting to watch him improve day to day. He's pretty wobbly and falls down a lot, but he can walk across the room, and he is getting better and better. Walking at (just shy of) 14  months. He still likes to be carried and held a lot, but he is getting over his clingy phase, and learning to play on his own more often.

Emma is battling a sinus infection right now. She's pretty stuffed up, coughs a lot at night, and is on amoxicillin. She's doing pretty well with it, and is her usual spunky self, she just poops out at night a little sooner than usual (which is ok with us!). But, hopefully she can kick this bug soon. We plan to take her sledding tomorrow!

That pretty much sums up what's new around here. We plan to enjoy the beautiful weather this weekend!

Elliott loves to climb into things lately

Big sister has to get involved 

Here be Dragons!

Emma was scared of this, Elliott loved it

Kid Catapulting 

Big Gross Lizarrds




Brushing for fossils

No comments:

Post a Comment