Saturday, January 2, 2016

Nelson Christmas 2015 and a new year.

We celebrated Christmas with the Nelson side on New Year's Day. We had a nice little celebration together. The kids really enjoyed opening their presents, we had good food, and it was overall a nice get-together.

John and I had a nice New Year's Eve celebration as well. Jim and Barb offered to take the kids overnight for us, so we were able to make plans and hang out without dragging our kids around.

It was awesome. We went to the new Stars Wars movie and then after that we went out to eat at McKenzie River and some amazing pizza. We were going to be exciting and go hang out downtown somewhere afterwards, but we ended up going to Hy-Vee for some groceries for the Nelson Christmas, and then we still had presents to wrap so we just went home. We barely made it to midnight, and then we were shot and headed to bed. We live an exciting life! Haha. It was especially awesome to sleep in the next morning and enjoy a nice, quiet morning.

Happy New Year everyone! I am looking forward to all the exciting things to come in the new year. I can't wait for Emma to continue growing into the beautiful young girl she is becoming. She is growing so fast, and becoming so smart, I can't wait to see what great things await her in 2016.

I am also excited for Elliott. He still has so many firsts to experience, and a lot of them are going to come in 2016. He will have his first steps, new words, maybe even a big-boy bed later this year, pacifier weaning, and continued new food experiences. I cannot wait to see how his personality continues to develop and how much he will change in this next year.

For John and myself, I hope we can continue to do some traveling. We hope to get to Seattle this year. We also hope to get to a Wild Hockey Game, a stampede hockey game, and maybe a mini road-trip like Omaha, Kansas City, or something along those lines. We also want to call up our friends more often and just hang out. Now that our kids are getting a little easier to haul around and they let us sleep at night, we hope to have a little more active social life.

Personally, for myself, I just want to have a great 2016. I am so blessed, and sometimes I just need to remember that. I have a wonderful family, a full-filling career, and I am happy and healthy. Like just about everyone, I would love to be more active and shed some pounds in the coming year, but other than that I am just looking forward to all the exciting things to come in the new year.

Hope everyone has a blessed 2016!

Emma checking out the presents

Finally opening present !!


Elliott likes Christmas too!

More presents 

Building Legos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment