Wednesday, November 23, 2016

A Kiecker Thanksgiving

It's the day before Thanksgiving, but we already have a Thanksgiving celebration in the books. This year, it didn't work out for my side of the family to meet on Thanksgiving, so we celebrated this past weekend.

After the first snowfall of the year, we headed to Minnesota on Saturday morning. The roads were ok, and we had a pretty uneventful ride to Minnesota. We got to my parent's house around lunch time, and just basically got settled in and had some food.

Then we spent the rest of the day celebrating Elliot's birthday, opening his gifts, and just relaxing and visiting before all the activity the next day. Elliott got a couple dump trucks and some rocks as gifts, and they sure kept the kids busy for quite a while. The kids also enjoyed playing outside in the snow, and they even did a little sledding.Once the kids were in bed, the adults enjoyed playing some games and hanging out before calling it a day.

On Sunday, we celebrated Thanksgiving with the extended family. It was a really fun day. Everyone on my dad's side, and my Grandma Mary were able to make it. It was so nice to see everyone, visit with everyone, and watch a stressful Vikings game with me family.

There was a lot of good food, good company, and just a great gathering of family. Unfortunately, it's not going to work out to get together with that side of the family for Christmas, so it was especially nice to be able to see them for a Thanksgiving celebration.

Today, I am enjoying the day off, at home by myself, and tidying up the house for Thanksgiving tomorrow. We are celebrating with John's family tomorrow, which should be really fun. It is also Elliott's actual birthday tomorrow, so that will be a lot of fun, celebrating Elliott and Thanksgiving together.

Also, I am working my last weekend in the PACU this weekend, and then I start my new job next week. This is a very crazy, busy week. But, I love the holidays, and I am enjoying every minute of it. And, once Thanksgiving is over, I can officially start listening to Christmas Music!!! :)

Playing with Elliott's birthday toys 


Enjoying the outdoors 

Playing at daycare 

"Bus!"

Emma loves the snow too!

No comments:

Post a Comment