Friday, December 23, 2016

Christmas Cookies

Christmas is rapidly approaching, and I just love this time of the year. I have been listening to Christmas music nonstop, wearing my Christmas socks, and dressing up the kids in festive Christmas outfits. We also have caught a few Christmas cartoons on TV. Did I mention I love this time of year?

This week was a blur of activity. Nothing too exciting happened, but between work, bustling kids around, and the normal cleaning and cooking, it flew by. Emma and I also made some Christmas cookies one evening. It was pretty fun. She helped me make the batter, and even helped me roll out some of the batter and cut out some cookies. She was so proud of how helpful she was! Then we baked them and patiently waited for them to cool so we could decorate them.

Emma was really, really excited to help decorate. Elliott and John went downstairs and played so we could decorate without any interruptions. Emma was happy to help, but she wasn't very coordinated. She dumped out half a bottle of sprinkles, and had a really, really hard time spreading the frosting on the cookies. But she had a good time, and it was cute. She even told me that we had to save some of the cookies for Santa. I just love Christmas with little kids, it's so magical for them!

This weekend is going to be crazy, and hectic and be over in a flash, so I am trying to remember to slow down and enjoy it all. Rachel and Carlos are in town right now, and we are going to do some swimming at the hotel they are staying at this evening. The kids are going to have an absolute blast swimming, it should be a fun evening.

We are planning on opening presents with just the kids tomorrow morning, and have a nice, quiet morning by ourselves. The rest of the family gets to town tomorrow afternoon, and then we have Emma's Christmas Eve Children's Program, and we are going to munch on Appetizers and just relax and enjoy the holiday.

I am super excited for Christmas to finally be here and look forward to all the family time!

Playing with new Christmas Toys 

Decorating Christmas Cookies 

Such concentration-notice all the sprinkles spilled on the table

Daycare fun


No comments:

Post a Comment