Friday, December 2, 2016

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas!

Christmas season is in full swing, and we are loving every minute of it in this household. The kids are loving all the Christmas music, Christmas baking, and of course all the Christmas lights. I love experiencing the holidays with little kids. It is so much fun!

This week has been a little bit stressful for me because I started my new job this week! Eek! I started in the OR at the ASC, and man do I feel like a fish out of water. This week was pretty much spent watching orientation videos, getting a tour of the department, and just meeting people and getting overwhelmed with all sorts of information. I am used to being the person who knows everything and everyone, and it is really strange to go back to square one and have to learn everything all over again. But, I survived the week, and next week I actually to get be in the OR, so it should be a little better.

Despite my stress at work, we had some great evenings at home this week. The kids (and John) have really enjoyed having me home every evening. It's been really great having a routine and being able to spend my evenings at home with my family.

Most evenings we just spent at home playing and having a good time. However, on yesterday evening, we decided to head to Falls Park and see all the Christmas lights. The kids loved it. And it was actually pretty nice out, so we all got out and walked around to look at the lights and hear the Christmas Music. The kids thought it was wonderful, and giggled and ran around for a good half hour. Elliott mostly loved looking at the water, but he also loved the lights. Emma just soaked it all in, and was in heaven. It was pretty cute.

We don't have any huge plans for the weekend. I plan to take Emma to the library tomorrow, because they are having a story time and some Christmas crafts. I'm sure she will enjoy it. We also might hit up the mall for a little Christmas shopping, depending on how crazy we are feeling. It should be a fun day.

23 days until Christmas!!!

Play time with Dad

Daycare Fun


Elliott thrilled to be at Falls Park

The pretty Christmas lights 





No comments:

Post a Comment