Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Emma's First Day of Kindergarten :)

I can't believe it's here already! We sent our sweet little Emma off to her first day of Kindergarten today. We covered quite a mix of emotions today, but mostly we were just proud of Emma and so happy for her to be starting something new. She has been so excited and ready for school for the past couple weeks, so it wasn't so terribly hard to send her to her first day. And I know she is in great hand at Bethel Lutheran School with Mrs. Knuth.

I took today off work so I could be around and help get Emma ready and send her off to school. I woke Emma up at around 6:45 am, and she just hopped right out of bed. That little girl was ready to get ready and go to school. Together, we picked out her outfit for her first day, and then I made her eat a good breakfast before we left.

I also got to wake up Elliott this morning and get him ready. He was super excited to see me (since I am never home in the morning during the week). Together, we picked out his outfit as well, and he was pretty excited to get to daycare. His world is going to be shaken a little when he has to start at a new daycare in 2 weeks, but I'm hoping he will adjust pretty quickly. But today, I walked him into daycare, and he pretty much ran in ahead of me, ran to his room, gave me a requested kiss, and he was off. He's becoming such a big boy as well, and just loves being independent and doing his own thing.

After breakfast we all rode together and dropped off Elliott at daycare, and then drove over to Bethel to drop Emma off at school. We walked Emma into school, and then she went to sit in her desk with her classmates. She looked so happy. We all went to an opening chapel service for the first day of school, and then it was time for mom and dad to leave.

There were no tears, but it was crazy to leave her at school for the day. I don't know where the last 5 years have gone, but it's been quite the adventure and I am so proud of our little girl. She is going to do great things!!








No comments:

Post a Comment